Latest revision on 7th June 2020
Effective on 7th June 2020
Information and Your Use of MuzTravel
Your contributions to MuzTravel, and the metadata about them (eg. date of post), are publicly viewable on MuzTravel, along with your username. This information may be searched by search engines and may be republished elsewhere, for example as part of a promotion for MuzTravel.
You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, participate in a promotion, communicate with us via third-party sites and services, request support or otherwise interact with us. If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access MuzTravel, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
Log and Usage Data
We may log information when you access MuzTravel as part of our visitor analysis, for example, using Google Analytics. This may include the date and time you used MuzTravel, your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, geolocation information, operating system, referral URLs and exit pages, device information (eg. device IDs), pages visited, links clicked, user interactions (eg. voting data), hardware settings, platform type, pages viewed, amount of time spent on particular pages, search terms and other similar information.
We may receive information from cookies, which are small text files that your browser stores and sends back to us when you access MuzTravel. This information is used to improve your experience, understand user activity, customise content and advertisements, and improve the quality of MuzTravel.
The following cookies may be used:
- Analytics and research cookies. These cookies help us to better understand how people use MuzTravel, for example, how often certain features are used and what content generates user activity.
- Product features and settings cookies. These cookies enable the functionality of some features of MuzTravel.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies help us deliver relevant ads to you and measure the performance of ads.
- Embedded content cookies. These included cookies from third-party services (for example, YouTube), whose content we may embed in some of our posts.
If you leave a comment on MuzTravel you may opt-in to saving your name and email address in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
Most browsers provide you with the option to not accept cookies, however, please note that this may prevent you from having access to some functions of MuzTravel.
How We Use Your information (Lawful Basis for Processing)
Under the transparency provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, we may use information about you to:
- Provide, maintain and improve MuzTravel and diagnose any service or technical problems with MuzTravel;
- Maintain security and help protect the safety of MuzTravel and our visitors. This may include tracking User Content and users in order to comply with applicable laws, blocking spammers and addressing abuse.
- Send you updates of a technical, security, customer service, support or administrative nature;
- Provide customer service and support;
- Analyse how MuzTravel is used, such as reviewing trends, user interactions, and activity in connection with MuzTravel;
- Customise MuzTravel and provide advertisements, content and features that align with your interests and preferences.
Our lawful basis, therefore, as set out in Article 6 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation is legitimate interests.
The photographs, images, graphics, text, video, audio, software, code, website compilation, website “look and feel”, and advertisements supplied by us and our licensors, that you’ll find on MuzTravel is referred to as “MuzTravel Content”. MuzTravel Content is protected by intellectual property laws including copyright and other proprietary rights of the United Kingdom and foreign countries.
You may not use the MuzTravel name or any of the MuzTravel trademarks, logos, domain names and other distinctive brand features. In addition, you may not reproduce, make unauthorised commercial use of, distribute copies, prepare derivative works, perform or publicly display MuzTravel Content, except as authorised in writing by us or as permitted by the doctrine of fair use.
Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding MuzTravel is entirely voluntary and we are free to use such feedback, comments or suggestions as we feel appropriate and without any obligation to you.
MuzTravel Content is provided for informational and entertainment purposes only. We try our best to ensure the veracity and accuracy of MuzTravel Content, but we provide no assurances. Any use of or reliance on MuzTravel Content posted on MuzTravel or obtained by you through MuzTravel is at your own risk, and we take no responsibility for any action that is taken on this basis.
Your retain the rights to your copyrighted content or information (“User Content”) that you submit, post, display or otherwise make available on MuzTravel, except as described below.
By submitting, posting or displaying User Content on MuzTravel, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, adapt, modify, process, copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, create derivative works, perform, publicly display and distribute your User Content in any medium, via any and all media and distribution methods (now known or later developed) and for any purpose, including commercial purposes, and to authorise others to do so.
You agree that such uses by us or others may be made with no compensation paid to you with respect to the User Content you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available on or through MuzTravel.
You also agree that you have the right to submit anything you post, and that your User Content does not violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary right of any other party.
We reserve the right at all times, but will not have an obligation (We may not monitor or control the User Content posted on MuzTravel) to remove User Content.
User Content and Your License
MuzTravel gives you a worldwide, royalty-free, revocable, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use MuzTravel as it is provided to you, and to repost any of the User Content on MuzTravel, provided that you do not modify the User Content and you attribute MuzTravel by name. In exercising these rights, you may not assert or imply any endorsement by MuzTravel.
Remember, your User Content will be viewable by other users of MuzTravel and through third party services and websites. You should only provide User Content that you are comfortable sharing with others.
User Content and your responsibility
We take no responsibility for, nor do we endorse, and we do not assume any liability for any User Content submitted on MuzTravel. You are responsible for your use of MuzTravel, any User Content you submit, and for any consequences deriving from your submission, including the use of your Content by other users and third parties.
Information may be shared with others when you use MuzTravel. When you submit a comment on MuzTravel, people who access MuzTravel will be able to see the content of your comment, your name, and date and time you originally submitted the comment.
We may also share your information as follows:
- With third party service providers for the purpose of running and maintaining MuzTravel. For example, to providers of infrastructure such as servers, hosting or other support;
- With entities that partner with us to provide offerings such as promotions, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or government request, including, but not limited to meeting national security or law enforcement requirements;
- For the purposes of visitor support, fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, product development and de-bugging, or to protect the rights, property or safety of MuzTravel, its users, or members of the public, including in response to an emergency if we believe it is necessary for a person’s security;
- If we are required to do so by law or to comply with legal process.
- To protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves and others.
- Between and among MuzTravel and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- With your consent or at your direction.
Sharing Information with Other Media
We may offer social sharing features or other related tools that let you and others share content or actions you take on MuzTravel with other media. Your use of these features enables you to share certain information with your friends and / or the public, depending on the settings you’ve selected with the third party (eg. Facebook, Twitter).
For information about data collection and processing in relation to social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features (eg. Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp etc.).
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on MuzTravel may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Advertising and Analytics Partners
We may partner with third-party analytics providers, advertisers and ad networks to deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and to better understand your use of MuzTravel. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device. For example:
Advertisers and Ad Networks
We may use analytics partners (such as Google Analytics) to help analyze usage and traffic for MuzTravel. For example, we may use analytics partners to analyze, in aggregate, the number of unique visitors to MuzTravel.
In adherence with the EU General Data Protection Regulation’s ‘security principle’, we take reasonable measures (organisational and technical safeguards) to protect information about you. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to MuzTravel or guarantee that your information on MuzTravel may not be accessed, lost, stolen, misused, altered, disclosed or destroyed by breach of any of our safeguards.
Links to Other Websites
We are based in England, United Kingdom and the information we collect is governed by English Law. By accessing or using MuzTravel or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the UK and other countries.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights when you access or use MuzTravel:
- The right to be informed. You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data;
- The right of access. You have the right to access your personal data;
- The right to rectification. You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified;
- The right to erasure. You have the right to have your personal data erased.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request the restriction of processing of your personal data. Our compliance with your right to restriction in certain circumstances means that MuzTravel may not be able to provide certain services to you;
- The right to data portability. You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes. With respect to User Content, please see the ‘User Content’ and ‘User Content and Your License’ section above.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. Our compliance with your right to object in certain circumstances means that MuzTravel may not be able to provide certain services to you.
Please note that you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.